Disabling Norton AntivirusIn order to disable Norton Antivirus 2002 and 2003 to see if this is your problem, take the following steps. Please note that the screenshots below are taken from Norton Antivirus 2002, and 2003 may look a little different, but the general location of items is the same:
1. Locate the Norton Antivirus icon in your system tray (next to your computer's clock).
2. Right-click on this icon and select Configure Norton Antivirus (NOTE: If you can't find the Antivirus icon, you can get to where you need to go by locating the Norton Antivirus group in your Programs folder, and opening Norton Antivirus, then clicking on the Options button at the top of the program window)
3. You will be taken to the Norton Antivirus Options. Under the Internet heading on the left side, click on Email.
4. Uncheck the Scan incoming Email (recommended) and Scan outgoing Email (recommended) boxes. When finished, your screen should look like this:
5. Click OK.
6. You may be prompted to confirm and save your settings to the options/config file. If you are, click Yes.
7. You're all set. If you are prompted to restart your computer, do so. If you still cannot get your email, restart the computer anyway. If after restarting your computer you are still unable to receive email, contact Starpoint Communications, Inc technical support. There is a possibility that NAV is still interrupting your mail traffic, and you may need to contact Symantec Product Support.
Please note that Starpoint Communications is not responsible for the functionality or availability of features in any 3rd party software application. This responsibility lies solely with the software vendor.