- Click on the Apple Menu and scroll down to
- After the System Preferences window opens,
the Network icon.
- After the Network Preferences window opens,
pull-down menu next to Show: and select
- Click on the TCP/IP tab.
- Click on the pull-down menu next to Configure:
select Using PPP.
- In the Domain Name Servers box, type
- Click on the PPP tab.
- In the Service Provider box, type
- In the Telephone Number box, type either 655-1955
- In the Account Name box, type your
Note: if you're e-mail address
firstname.lastname@example.org then your username is just
- In the Password box, you have an option to
type in your password or leave it blank. If you type in your
password then it will be saved on the computer and you won't have to
it in again. If you leave it blank then you will have to type in
password before each dialup session.
- Click on the PPP Options... button.
- Check the box next to Connect automatically when
- Un-check the box next to Prompt every 30 minutes to
- Un-check the box next to Disconnect if idle for 15
- Check the box next to Disconnect when user logs
- Click on the OK button.
- Click on the Apply Now button.
- You have just setup Mac OS X to dial up to the Internet.