NetPoint Software Installation
- Insert the NetPoint Installation Disk into the computer.
- Double-Click on the disk icon.
- Double-Click on the Installation icon in the disk's window.
- Click "OK".
- Read the stuff that comes up.
- Click "OK".
- Click once on the window that comes up and says "This was created
- Look at the window.
- Click the "Install" button.
- Choose where you want to save the new folder.
- Then click "OK".
- Click "OK" when it says the installation is complete.
- Restart your computer.
- If nothing happens go to the Apple Menu, and go to Control
- Select FreePPP Setup.
- Click on the little blue arrow in the lower left-hand corner.
- Select "account" at the top.
- Click on the New button.
- Put "NetPoint" in the name place.
- Put 655-1955 if you have a 56k modem, in the phone number
- Drag down the connect menu.
- Choose Connection Script
- In the first blank type, sername:
- On the next blank type your username in.
- In the third blank type, ssword:
- On the line after that type your password in.
- In the fifth blank type, server>
- On the next line type, ppp
- Make sure that, in the column next to the blanks, that it is send,
then wait...every other one until the PPP line.
- Then make sure that in the "Return" column to the right there is a
check in the second box, and every other one until the PPP line.
- Then click on OK.
- On the top of the account setup window choose CONNECTION, then set
your modem speed.
- Then in Flow control select CTS & RTS (DTR) from the choices.
- Now click on Options at the top, and make sure that PPP is assigned
by the server, and just leave the other blanks as they are.
- Now click on OK at the bottom.
- Now click on the tab that says General.
- Then at the bottom Click on MacTCP.
- Make sure the FreePPP icon is highlighted.
- Now click on the more button at the bottom of that window.
- Make sure that in the bottom right hand corner it says starpoint.net
in the first blank and mr.net in the second.
- Look at the top right and make sure that Class C is selected.
- Click OK.
- Close the MacTCP window.
- Click on Connect at the top of the FreePPP screen.
- Your modem should dial up and you should be connected.
- Close the FreePPP window.
- Now you should be able to use the Menu at the top of the screen that
looks like a phone to connect, disconnect, and setup.
- If the menu does not work then restart and try again.